Thursday, February 19, 2009

Twilight 2 Officially Titled “The Twilight Saga’s New Moon”

A lot of people would give me grief when I would talk about the upcoming Twilight sequel and I’d call it “Twilight 2″. They’d say things like “hey moron, the new movie is going to be called New Moon cause that’s the title of the book”. I’d always reply that there was NO WAY the sequel would just be titled “New Moon”.

I mean come on. It’s all well and good that the people out there who have read the book will know exactly what it is… but for the vast majority of the movie going audience, they’ll have no idea “New Moon” has anything to do with Twilight.

That being said, it appears that the studio has officially announced the title for the Twilight sequel. And that title is “The Twilight Saga’s New Moon”. MTV gives us this:

MTV News has the scoop on the official name and logo for Chris Weitz’s soon-to-film sequel to “Twilight.” Dubbed “The Twilight Saga’s New Moon,” the film’s official title art stays true to the look of the first movie while swapping in an orange tint, a subtle crescent moon, and the release date of 11.20.09.

I like the title. It’s a perfect blend of staying true to the titles of the books, yet ensuring clarity for the average film fan.

And yes… I did surprisingly like the first Twilight film and I’m looking forward to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment