Saturday, February 28, 2009

I Have Never Met Himesh Reshammiya : Says A.R. Rahman

We’ve already reported about the fact how Himesh Reshammiya had refused to sing for A R Rahman. But Rahman says he has never met Reshammiya.

Laughs the soft spoken maestro sarcastically, “Our communication has been only through the press. He told the press he wanted to sing for me. I told the press I had composed a song that would suit his voice. To this he replied again through the press that he didn’t want to sing for me. We’ve not met. We haven’t exchanged a call or an sms.”

Rahman finds it strange that after hounding him for so long Reshammiya changed his mind. “For the past two years I had been reading about how he wanted to sing for me. As a gesture returning his compliment I thought this song would be perfect. I didn’t know he would sing for me only when I compose for a film starring him. I don’t know if I can do that,” say Rahman who turns 41 in January. Source

No comments:

Post a Comment