Saturday, February 28, 2009

Neha Dhupia Hates Celebrating Valentine’s Day

Neha Dhupia hates celebrating Valentine’s Day just for the simple reason she thinks it is a complete waste of time and money. But those aren’t the only reasons the actress never warmed up to the ‘day of expressing one’s love’.

States the Ex Miss India turned actress, “I don’t understand why Valentine’s is celebrated on such a huge scale. It’s not a festival of spending loads of cash to buy gifts. It should be about spending time with your loved ones and that can happen at anytime and at anyplace. We don’t need to wait for this particular day.”

Recalling her not-so-special past Valentine’s Days at her school, Neha says, “I was in Army Public school in New Delhi. I was really fat and ugly and I used to be very embarrassed on Valentine’s Day as everyone in school would get chocolates accept for me. It was only later on that I decided to lose weight by exercising regularly. I’ve really hated Valentine’s day from that time. To me it’s just a normal day which I spend with my family and loved ones.” Source

No comments:

Post a Comment