Deadline Hollywood are on a role with these Iron Man 2 scoops. There had been talk of Scarlett Johansson joining the cast as The Black Widow ever since Emily Blunt had to drop out due to scheduling conflicts. To be honest I didn’t want it to be true as I was hoping Blunt, Fox and Marvel could work something out as she would be great in the role, however things didn’t work out. Now apparently Scarlett Johansson is confirmed for the role.

Now I’m told that Emily Blunt won’t be in the sequel and Black Widow will now be played by Scarlett Johannson. (Interesting because Scarlett actually screen-tested for the role and didn’t get it.) But I hear that, unlike Mickey’s money, the deal for her is “just the opposite, a terrible deal made by CAA,” one of my insiders says. “It’s as bad as any deal that I’ve heard. It’s lowball money. And it ties her to countless movies, including that ensemble The Avengers, which is what makes this brutal for a lot of actors.”

I’d hardly call signing up for The Avengers movie ‘brutal’. It’d be damn exciting! Moving past all the gossip I think if the deal was that bad Johansson wouldn’t have agreed to it.

I have only seen one movie that Scarlett has been in and that was Home Alone 3. I don’t really know whether she will suit the role, although I know Blunt would have suited it better. What do you think? Good casting or ‘meh’ casting?