Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Baby A Pacifier





Although we know this will be a burden when the time comes, we still manage to give our babies pacifiers. This is because it is so much easier for us to “plug” a crying baby up then to deal with the crying.

Pacifiers, also known as bobos and pacies are soothers. We use them when we feel like we have no alternative to stop the baby from crying and we use them to put the baby to sleep. Sometimes, however, we even use them when the baby isn’t crying nor sleeping.

Many occasions, I’ve seen people just stuff a pacifier in the baby’s mouth when the baby wasn’t even thinking about it. They could have been playing or getting into something else. This is because giving the baby a pacifier has not only become a habit for them, but for us as well.

We are so used to just passing it to them or sticking it in their mouths that we don’t even realize we are doing it.

Yes, I am guilty of it myself. The funny thing is, only one of my sons, my second, took the pacifier and when he was six months he threw it. After he did that I told him he wasn’t getting it anymore and he never even cried for it after that. (if you remember, I told you he was advanced in his mechanics in a previous post).

However, my daughter loooves her pacie. She can be playing on the floor with toys and if she comes across it she will pop it in her mouth. Sometimes she will be on the bed watching tv and suddenly starts this little whine as she is looking around for it. When she spots it, “POP, right in the mouth! It’s hilarious to me.

This is probably because she has been sucking on a pacifier since she was born. Check out this video of her at 2 1/2 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment