Sunday, February 28, 2010

Deadpool - X-Men Origins

ryan-reynolds-deadpool

While on the rounds for Adventureland Latino Review got the chance to ask Ryan Reynolds about X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Reynolds spoke about the role of Deadpool in the film, about a possible Deadpool spin-off and how ‘chummy’ the atmosphere was on set.

Will we care about your character Deadpool?

Reynolds: You know, I think you will.

Because he’s kind of a good guy, bad guy…

Reynolds: Ya, he walks the line. Ya, I think you will actually care about him. You’ll be curious about him. You’ll be curious beyond the film, you’ll be curious about him. I play Wade Wilson and I play Deadpool, and the character I play as Deadpool, I personally, Fox may differ from me, but I personally don’t consider him as Deadpool, I consider him to be what Deadpool becomes. Or the thing Deadpool came from. It doesn’t carry on past that.

There’s talk, because Deadpool is so popular, that Fox might want to do a spin-off. Would you be interested in that?

Reynolds: Ya, I love the character. I’ve always loved the character. I remember reading one of the Deadpool comic books, and somebody asked Deadpool what he looks like. And he said he looks like a cross between a Shar-Pei and Ryan Reynolds. And I was like, I really, really wanna play this guy at some point. I thought it was pretty cool. It’s a guy that knows he’s in a comic book. How hard is it to shoot that properly? That’s not something they put in Wolverine nor would it belong in that universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment