Friday, February 17, 2006

Random Observations and Trivial Events

1. I have a great idea if there’s a group of balding middle-aged guys out there who have formed a boomer classic rock band and are trying to come up with a cool name. Are you ready? INVOLUNTARY TONSURE. Mysterious, self-deprecating, and even a bit assonantal. If they’re costume lovers, they could take the stage wearing monk’s hoods. That would get the ladies’ attention.

2. The change of seasons, courtesy of Wal-Mart late one night this past week: an aisle marked “Seasonal,” a girl at one end removing red, forlorn unpurchased Valentine hearts and candy, a second girl at the opposite end, filling shelves with pastel eggs and rabbits. It’s like watching the moon and the tides.

3. I’m excited! Mrs. Muley and I are going to see the movie “Walk the Line” tonight, and I hope it’s as good as everybody says. Right now, I just don’t see Reese Witherspoon as June Carter Cash, so I’m hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment